Episode 11 highlights:
- Why understanding a business model is critical for designers
- Using design to do more than make a great interface or a sexy advertisement
- Humanizing business and letting design/design thinking drive how business gets done
- What OKRs are, where they’re used and how to do them
- How Christina has used OKRs for both business and her own life
- Embracing business metrics as designers
- How you can be more innovative than Steve Jobs
- Tools and techniques for looking at your customer feedback and research insights to get beyond your assumptions
- Audrey’s concept of “give me a napkin”
- Knowing how and when to step backwards from a prescribed solution to find the problem to solve
- Working with your team and stakeholders so you can make a meaningful contribution as a designer
- How we can find, and solve, the right problems as designers
- UX designers and product managers working together successfully
- Who owns the advocacy for and voice of the customer?
How do you know you're building the right products and features? Is there anything more frustrating than planning design and development efforts with no real understanding of our customers or how we're helping our business?
Episode 3 highlights:
- What is design strategy? What is product strategy?
- Effective design strategy methods and approach
- Where business strategy ends and design strategy begins and the difference between the two
- Where design fits into business strategy
- How design can help you monetize failure
- Ways that design and product strategy can drive business strategy
- Practical ways design can help fulfill your company mission