Gregg Bernstein On User Research - Aurelius Podcast Episode 32 Highlights:
- How Gregg and his team are doing user research at Vox Media
- Doing user research for broad audiences and industries
- Using smaller research projects to lead to larger more strategic research
- How to most effectively share your user research findings with stakeholders and your team
- Thoughts on UX research repositories and libraries
- Tools and tips for setting up your ResearchOps and process for taking in, conducting and sharing user research at your company
- Making user research more strategic to influence company focus and direction
- Avoiding the pitfalls of overthinking in the user research process
Aurelius Podcast: Episode 31 with Hana Nagel on Building Confidence Through User Research in Your Organization
Episode 31 highlights with Hana Nagel:
- How the President of the United States did “user research” and what you can learn from that in your work as a UX designer, researcher and product maker
- Doing user research...about user research, so that you can see much more success with your organization adopting a more user centered mindset
- Focusing on the outcomes of research to create a greater impact with user research at your company
- Learning the behavior of your teams and company in order to sell user research internally
- How to empower other teams to do user research themselves in order to scale user research at your company
- How to turn user research and findings into action and recommendations
- Giving your team and company confidence in doing the right things
Episode 30 highlights with Dave Malouf:
- What is ResearchOps and DesignOps?
- Challenges of operationalizing research and design in growing organizations and how to overcome them
- Dave’s tips and insights in how to grow design and research in your company more efficiently
- Who owns “ResearchOps” and what does that person(s) do?
- How to determine when you should be thinking about DesignOps and ResearchOps
Doing user research and collecting customer feedback lands you with a whole lot of data. In fact it can be pretty tough for even the most senior designers, researchers and product managers to sort through it all...so imagine how hard it would be for stakeholders and other team members to figure out what we learned. Enter the “research nugget”.
Episode 23 Highlights:
- What is ResearchOps and how do you operationalize user research?
- Making research accessible to everyone in the organization
- How InVision documents and stores user research insights
- Lindsey’s trick for helping all of InVision build empathy with their customers
- Getting new employees at InVision up to speed with who their customers are as part of their new hire onboarding
- How to get started in your ResearchOps practice or operationalizing user research and your company
- Keeping individual projects aligned to broader company goals
- How Lindsey and InVision uses the Jobs To Be Done framework to keep user research focused
Episode 21 Highlights:
- Lou’s background, the beginning of the internet and how UX/IA all started
- The stories behind Lou meeting Tim Berners Lee and Larry Page
- How Lou started Rosenfeld Media, the UX book publishing company
- The story of the blind men and the elephant and how it applies to building a great user experience
- DesignOps, ResearchOps and how Lou began major conferences around those topics
- Lou’s advice for those of us working in large organizations doing UX design
Aurelius Podcast: Episode 20 with Aarron Walter on UX Organization Models, DesignOps and User Research
Episode 20 highlights:
- What does a high functioning design team look like and how are they organized?
- The three types of successful enterprise UX organization models
- How companies like Target, Spotify, Netflix, Google and more are doing designops and great UX design at scale
- Creating and sharing user research findings across your organization
Don’t freak out, but just hear me out. It’s very likely that you don’t need more user research but rather, you need to be getting more out of the user research you already did.
Spending more quality time with the data and insights you collect is one of the biggest challenges in our industry, particularly if you’re already doing user research regularly. Think about it, when was the last time you honestly felt that you spent enough time really analyzing and synthesizing (read…”figuring out what you learned) from the data and information you gathered from a research study?
Aurelius Podcast: Episode 12 with Tomer Sharon on Polaris from WeWork, UX Nuggets and Key Insights and ResearchOps
Episode 12 highlights:
- Tomer Sharon’s version of a user research repository tool at WeWork, Polaris
- Tomer Sharon on Democratizing UX
- What is user research
- Research nuggets and key insights, what they are and how to create them
- How to do user research the right way
- What questions can user research answer
- Difference between finding out what customer want vs what they need