Episode 4 highlights:
- How we know we're building the right products and features
- Using the "jobs to be done" framework in design and product management
- How Twitter used UX design critiques to determine they were solving the right problems
- Presenting design decisions to your team vs. presenting to stakeholders
- "Having a seat at the table" and what that looks like as a UX designer
- Helping your company value UX design at the highest executive level
- Measuring the success of UX design and product management
Are you a UX Designer, Product Manager or Leader looking to build a great product strategy and plan? You need to start here!
Episode 3 highlights:
- What is design strategy? What is product strategy?
- Effective design strategy methods and approach
- Where business strategy ends and design strategy begins and the difference between the two
- Where design fits into business strategy
- How design can help you monetize failure
- Ways that design and product strategy can drive business strategy
- Practical ways design can help fulfill your company mission
"Fast is fine, accuracy is everything. You need to learn to be slow in a hurry"
- Wyatt Earp
Aurelius Product Strategy Blueprint
The Product Strategy Blueprint is a design and product management tool to help you easily and clearly make, track and communicate design and product decisions.
There are three elements to a great product strategy; they are:
- well defined goals for the product and user experience
- user experience research insights from real customers
- design and/or product decisions to meet those goals, backed by your research insights
We made this tool to help you create a clear connection between your product goals, research insights and decisions you make.
Episode 2 highlights:
- the importance of framing the problem in UX and product strategy
- how to tell if you're designing and building the right features or products
- measuring the impact and success of UX design and product strategy
- balancing an understanding of the business strategy to make better design and product recommendations
- Jared's most effective way of getting your company to prioritize UX and product strategy
- who owns the user experience?