Episode 19 highlights:
- How Mariah came into Human Centered Design from an Industrial Design background
- Doing user research and how to include developers/technologists
- What are customer feedback loops, how to create and act on them at scale
- What it takes to build a truly customer centered organization
- How Pluralsight conducts, analyzes and applies user research at scale
- The process of Directed Discovery and how to do it
- Doing human centered design at scale with a large and growing team
- How to empower everyone at your organization to understand customers better
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 19 with Mariah Hay on Working with Developers, User Research and Doing UX at Scale”
Creating an awesome design, product and experience is hard work. Making the RIGHT design, product or experience is even harder. The smartest teams first figure out the “What” before they decide the “How”.
Whether you’re designing a new product or experience, or improving an existing one, you have to first figure out What you’re making before you can effectively execute the How.
Defining and agreeing on What you’re doing first gives everyone much better clarity to focus on executing How to get it done.
read more… “Why The Best Design and Product Teams Decide What, Then How”
First who, then what. That’s the popular mantra to building massively successful and long-lasting companies. The same is true for crafting beautifully designed products and experiences. You may look to tools and processes for the secret to building a great product and user experience but in the end, the secret is people. Knowing who you are designing and building for and having a team who cares about helping those people will give you the greatest chance of success.
Photo by Avel Chuklanov on Unsplash
read more… “People Are the Secret to Great Products”