Create Company Wide Empathy with a User Research Repository
Creating insights to share and act on is the most important work you do as a UX or user research professional.
Your research must create a sense of empathy for the people you’re designing for with your team and company. This means your insights and findings must be clear, findable and actionable.
With rapidly changing expectations and methods for communication and sharing knowledge, it’s critical to start building a sustainable research practice right away that builds institutional knowledge of your customers.
Doing so generates better intuition and decision making, as well as wide spread empathy at your organization.
Investing in a user research repository to organize, search and share everything you learn from customer research early helps you accomplish these things and build true customer empathy in your organization.
read more… “Organize and Share Your User Research with a Central Repository”
Episode 13 highlights:
- The beginnings of Clearleft
- How the UX agency to client relationship has changed
- Designing like a detective
- Gathering the right evidence to do great UX design
- The tools and application are of design thinking
- How to go from research, synthesis and insights into actual design
- Dangers of “research theater” and how to avoid them
- Getting past the obvious solutions to create your most brilliant designs
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 13 with Andy Budd on Design Thinking, User Research Insights and Synthesis”
Episode 12 highlights:
- Tomer Sharon’s version of a user research repository tool at WeWork, Polaris
- Tomer Sharon on Democratizing UX
- What is user research
- Research nuggets and key insights, what they are and how to create them
- How to do user research the right way
- What questions can user research answer
- Difference between finding out what customer want vs what they need
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 12 with Tomer Sharon on Polaris from WeWork, UX Nuggets and Key Insights and ResearchOps”