Aurelius Podcast: Episode 16 with Andy Vitale on Applying User Research and Gaining Business and Stakeholder Trust
Episode 16 highlights:
- What makes experiences valuable?
- Getting a "seat at the table" with design...and then what to do with it
- Growing from a designer to a design leader
- Speaking the language of the business to sell your vision and ideas
- How to tie design decisions to business metrics
Episode 11 highlights:
- Why understanding a business model is critical for designers
- Using design to do more than make a great interface or a sexy advertisement
- Humanizing business and letting design/design thinking drive how business gets done
- What OKRs are, where they’re used and how to do them
- How Christina has used OKRs for both business and her own life
- Embracing business metrics as designers
- How you can be more innovative than Steve Jobs
- Tools and techniques for looking at your customer feedback and research insights to get beyond your assumptions
Before you get too worried, hear me out.
To be more specific, very soon we will not be accepting any new customers for several months.
We aren’t going out of business and we aren’t closing the company. Rather, we are building the next evolution of our platform. Aurelius v.2 will be the smartest user research and insights platform for design and product teams.
Aurelius v.2 is an online platform that helps design and product teams collect, tag, group, organize and search all of their user research findings and customer insights in one place. So you can make awesome products, features and designs.
This is exciting news!
Episode 6 highlights:
- Some history of Adaptive Path and how they got into design and product strategy
- Pitfalls to avoid when making a product and design strategy
- How to be more than a UX design "stylist" or "executionist"
- The role of UX and design in business strategy
- Differences between UX and product management
- Design like a lawyer and get everyone on board with your decisions and recommendations
Episode 3 highlights:
- What is design strategy? What is product strategy?
- Effective design strategy methods and approach
- Where business strategy ends and design strategy begins and the difference between the two
- Where design fits into business strategy
- How design can help you monetize failure
- Ways that design and product strategy can drive business strategy
- Practical ways design can help fulfill your company mission