Episode 35 highlights with Rob Walling:
- How Rob started and/or acquired multiple SaaS apps over the years and some product and design lessons he’s learned from that experience
- Rob’s background as a software engineer and what made him decide to become an entrepreneur
- The story of founding Drip and how Rob and how the team made some pretty big changes in the product
- Finding the confidence to help you figure out how, and when, to make big product decisions
- Minimum Path to Awesome and how to successfully launch new features in your product
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 35 with Rob Walling on Making Tough Design and Product Choices”
Aurelius free trials are now 30 days
We recently launched a change to our free trial model to move from 14 days to 30 days by default. This means any new customer who signs up for a free trial with Aurelius will have a full month to give Aurelius a try and share it with thier team and company.
read more… “We Extended Our Free Trials of Aurelius”
Episode 34 highlights with Jason Voiovich:
- Jason’s background in marketing and consumerism as well as what led him to become an author on the topics
- The pitfalls of focusing too much on analytics and quantitative data to understand your customers
- Why empathy is a key to the future of our work and society
- Jason’s research about empathy
- The connection between empathy and burnout… and what you can do about it
- Doing less to get better results in UX, research and marketing
- What does it mean to be scientific versus “scientism”?
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 34 with Jason Voiovich on Empathy and Quantitative Data in Marketing and UX”
Episode 33 highlights with Kate Towsey:
- Kate’s background and how she got into user research and ResearchOps
- What it was like to “research the researchers”
- The global ResearchOps community and how it all began
- Research repositories and libraries
- Leading research operations at Atlassian
- How and why the ResearchOps community grew to what it is now
- Kate’s definition for #WhatisResearchOps?
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 33 with Kate Towsey on ResearchOps, User Research Repositories and Strategic Impact”
Create Company Wide Empathy with a User Research Repository
Creating insights to share and act on is the most important work you do as a UX or user research professional.
Your research must create a sense of empathy for the people you’re designing for with your team and company. This means your insights and findings must be clear, findable and actionable.
With rapidly changing expectations and methods for communication and sharing knowledge, it’s critical to start building a sustainable research practice right away that builds institutional knowledge of your customers.
Doing so generates better intuition and decision making, as well as wide spread empathy at your organization.
Investing in a user research repository to organize, search and share everything you learn from customer research early helps you accomplish these things and build true customer empathy in your organization.
read more… “Organize and Share Your User Research with a Central Repository”
Gregg Bernstein On User Research – Aurelius Podcast Episode 32 Highlights:
- How Gregg and his team are doing user research at Vox Media
- Doing user research for broad audiences and industries
- Using smaller research projects to lead to larger more strategic research
- How to most effectively share your user research findings with stakeholders and your team
- Thoughts on UX research repositories and libraries
- Tools and tips for setting up your ResearchOps and process for taking in, conducting and sharing user research at your company
- Making user research more strategic to influence company focus and direction
- Avoiding the pitfalls of overthinking in the user research process
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 32 with Gregg Bernstein on User Research and Strategic Impact”
Episode 31 highlights with Hana Nagel:
- How the President of the United States did “user research” and what you can learn from that in your work as a UX designer, researcher and product maker
- Doing user research…about user research, so that you can see much more success with your organization adopting a more user centered mindset
- Focusing on the outcomes of research to create a greater impact with user research at your company
- Learning the behavior of your teams and company in order to sell user research internally
- How to empower other teams to do user research themselves in order to scale user research at your company
- How to turn user research and findings into action and recommendations
- Giving your team and company confidence in doing the right things
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 31 with Hana Nagel on Building Confidence Through User Research in Your Organization”
Episode 30 highlights with Dave Malouf:
- What is ResearchOps and DesignOps?
- Challenges of operationalizing research and design in growing organizations and how to overcome them
- Dave’s tips and insights in how to grow design and research in your company more efficiently
- Who owns “ResearchOps” and what does that person(s) do?
- How to determine when you should be thinking about DesignOps and ResearchOps
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 30 with Dave Malouf on DesignOps and ResearchOps”
Episode 29 highlights with Jorge Arango:
- The similarities between physical architecture and UX design
- Tips we can apply from the process of architecture to digital design
- How to think about physical spaces to inform the digital information spaces you create
- Feedback loops in digital information spaces
- How the rate of change in physical buildings vs. digital spaces has changed our expectations as a culture
- The ways language greatly impact our expectations and design of digital spaces
- Design ethics in digital places where civic discourse happens and how we as designers can be more mindful in creating them
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 29 with Jorge Arango on Design Ethics”
Episode 28 highlights with Jim Kalbach:
- What is the difference between user experience, customer experience and marketing
- Jim’s background in UX design and how that helped him transition to his role now in customer experience and product education
- Remembering that the “grass is never greener” and no organization is perfect in order to have a longer term impact where you work
- What is the true secret to becoming a kick ass design leader
- The long term effects of even the smallest UX and user research decisions
- Experience mapping principles and tips from Jim’s book
- Building empathy and understanding for your stakeholders and business to be a more successful designer
read more… “Aurelius Podcast: Episode 28 with Jim Kalbach on Customer Experience and Design in Business”